Friday, August 22, 2014

Farewell to summer


Although Florida heat will be reaching triple digits, I can tell that slowly the season is changing. 
Nights are cool and breezy, and my attitude about actually getting up and getting things done is so great now that I know fall is coming. 
August is such a strange month in Florida.
But I'm trying to really document this year since it has been a mess of emotions and time has really flown by.
My little sister just moved into her dorm room so I am practically an only child here and I'm trying to make it easier for my parents to transition by staying home and keeping them company.

My boyfriend and I wanted to catch some of this month's changes by watching a meteor shower down in Green Cove. He saw three on the way there, but it was too cloudy to catch a glimpse of anything once we got to our destination. 
But damn was our destination wonderful. Its an old airport, I think, and for some reason in the middle of the lot there is an old ship just sitting and rusting away.
These next pictures were all taken around midnight.





I'm ending my post here by saying that I've moved into my sisters old larger room and I am loving it. I have a desk and much more floor space. All I need to do to finish moving in is paint the room white and find where to hang all of my photos.
Dexter and Whiskey didn't mind sitting and watching me work, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment